Yes, I'm taking some issues off, as mentioned in CEO Steve Glines column in The Wilderness House Literary Review. Maybe it's to promote my new book, (third novel) Joe the Salamander but maybe it's because I've taken on too much on my plate!
I can reflect that the fiction I read is better and better, that's good! It also means that it's more difficult to get in, that's bad! More than half of what was rejected would have been automatically accepted even a few years ago. I credit the journal itself for getting itself out there and being a really great read.
So here's what I picked. They really stood out!
- Alice Brigance - Some Things We Can’t Have
- Annamaria Formichella - Past Forward
- Bruce Berger - A Special Kind of Friend
- Gary Duehr - Asuki
- Katy Van Sant - PRIEST KILLER
- Kay Summers - Cassie
- Nick Jaina - I Saw the Sasquatch
- Robert McCready - The Backfill People
- Rosemarie Dillon - The Chickpea
- Scott D. Pomfret - THE MISPLACE
- Susan Tepper - Face It