Sunday, July 21, 2024

New Poem, "After You Go" appear in Ibbetson Street #55

 

     I was thrilled that my poem, After You Go, was selected by editor Harris Gardner, for issue #55. Also in this issue, is work from  Ted Kooser, Marge Piercy, Steve Ratiner, Hilary Sallick.

(You can buy it HERE)

What I love from an acceptance from Harris Gardner is that he lets you know what he liked about the submission. In this case:

"Although it is rather short, nevertheless it is poignant and compelling. It has a universal appeal for anyone who has suffered the loss of somebody close. (I must admit, it brought tears to my eyes.) The closing lines were espescially powerful. This is a well crafted creative effort."

This poem will also appear in the Blue section in my upcoming book of poetry, Almost Bluing for Xtra Whiteness from Big Table Publishing.



No comments: