Monday, February 28, 2022

Hell, I'm going to answer Richard Fox's questions too, as we're features in 2/22's Boston Literary Magazine


    Two years after Big Table Publishing was started by Robin Stratton, Boston Literary Magazine began. I have strong positive feelings about Big Table, as they published five of my books so far. 

    Boston Literary Magazine has been a print journal, an on-line journal and the new awakening is having spotlight features. Today I was featured with Richard Fox, in February 2022's issue. , where each of us were asked three questions. 

Click the link to see how I answered: 

Do you have a favorite dinosaur?

What has been the biggest setback in your writing career?

What do you consider your best poem and why?


But when I clicked the link, Richard answered two different questions, so if I can indulge myself here, I'd like to answer his:



BLM: Where were you when you heard John Lennon had been killed?


I was in an apartment on College Avenue, in Newark Delaware. I was watching in my room, Patriots-Dolphins, and Cosell announced it. A lot of people got the news from Monday Night Football. My initial reaction was 'who would assassinate a musician?' It was just crazy.





BLM: When people ask "What kind of poetry do you write?" how do you answer?


My poetry is very language, sound, and metaphor based. I write visually, but image wise in the actual writing falls behind in frequency. Language is fun. I love word-play, and double meaning as well as explosive, interesting words themselves....words I'd never use in everyday conversation






2 comments:

Richard Fox — smallpoetatlarge.com said...

Hot Diggity Damn, I'm going to answer Timothy Gagers's questions too, as we're features in 2/22's Boston Literary Magazine


Do you have a favorite dinosaur?

T-Rex is my go to answer but Tim chose it first. Gonna say the Brontosaurus. How cool is the nickname THUNDER LIZARD?

(Well, In Worcester, it would be a second rate lizard nom de plume. Stiff competition in poetry venues here.)

I’d love to saddle-up on a 72 feet, 17 ton creature with a whip for a tail. Plus, Fred Flintstone was partnered with a smiling one at Bedrock’s quarry. There was a notion that Bronty had two brains, one in the head, the other in a nether region. That is also common among our city’s males.

What has been the biggest setback in your writing career?

My biggest setback is my greatest strength: living with cancer. Stay Strong and Bring It On, Sisters & Brothers!

Big Table Publishing Company said...

I LOVE THAT YOU DID THIS!!!