Tuesday, October 31, 2017

My poem "Whitewalls" is published in the Rear View Mirror Edition of Right Hand Pointing


The Maurice J. Tobin Memorial Bridge is a cantilever truss bridge that spans more than two miles from Boston to Chelsea over the Mystic River in Massachusetts. The bridge, also known as the Mystic River Bridge, is the largest in New England.

According to my calculations, at 135 feet tall it takes an object about 2.5 seconds to reach the water. I once threw my wedding ring off the Tobin, but that was a long time ago. If I were to commit a crime and needed to ditch a handgun, I think tossing it from this bridge would be a pretty good idea.  








My poem "Whitewalls"  is about just that. 





It appears in issue, #116, of Right Hang Pointing and like a gun sunk in the Mystic River you have to look around a bit after opening the issue's link. Too tough for those with ADD? Then just follow the right hand pointing. 


Thanks to Laura M. Kaminski for her suggestions.





Also find some great work from Jim Bourey, Wes Civilz, Chet Corey, Howie Good, M.J. Iuppa, Ravitte Kentwortz, Jesse Miksic, Maximilian LloydAlexander Nachaj, Thomas O'Connell, Belinda Rimmer, Sanjeev Sethi, Don Thompson, Sugar Tobey, Guy Traiber

No comments: