Monday, December 17, 2012

Does not play well with others except Tuite, Guzman and Stratton

Doing things around the holidays with groups of people becomes a Christmas party. Sometimes you can't dress up or take Bob Dylan anywhere


Here's "Happy Holidays" by myself, Robin Stratton, Dena Rash Guzman and Meg Tuite.

In the past I've written and published works of fiction with Elizabeth Rawlins (1, 2 and 3), Renee Angers with one recent and yet unpublished story co-written with Teisha Twomey. The process of each of these have involved writing back and forth to and at each other.

Meg Tuite (she seems to be everywhere) oversaw an equisite corpse holiday story today in Used Furnature.  It had a few attempts that I was not up to snuff with. In the first attempt, I transformed a sex trade story into Cinderella. That didn't work. The second attempt I was supposed to end the story and I turned the character I was working with, Sally, and disguised her as Santa Claus for the party. Again it didn't work. I concluded I work much better when I do my own set-up, arc and ending. (I don't play well with others!)

Meg stuck with me and I was able to add a few lines of dialog and a paragraph or so--and I was able to be  included with this fine crew.

  The story came out today and like opening a surprise package I was thrilled to find out that I had written with Dena Rash Guzman and Robin Stratton.


Other holiday collaborations aren't as good as ours! Take this one made with "103% love" Ho ho ho!

No comments: