Friday, March 31, 2023

"This Podcast will Change Your Life," with Ben Tanzer is up today.

        I've posted about other podcasts recently (Billy Dees, Dar Dixon). If you missed those THIS one will change your life. Ha!  Interview is with old friend Ben Tanzer


You can hear it at your favorite locations. Please listen

SPOTIFY      

APPLE



Here are my show notes

1. Accents. Boston, New York...I seem to like talking about this

2. Ben Tanzer and I have known each other 20 years....that Providence reading, they made us read outside because bar didn't like what they scheduled and the location had FM radio and Lyrnrd Skynyrd on. 

3. Short Street? Not the Best of....(which is like a beer can)

4.  History of my history with Big Table Publishing. 

5. The young Gager hated to write. 

6.  What were early ebook readers like?

7. "I demand a print book!" said The King

8. My first poem published by Doug Holder, "Insect"

9. The early use of work computers.

10. First short story written was about a feeling or emotion. 

11. If Larry Brown can do it so can you....you start with Smoke on the Goddamn Water

12.  I was a professional musican, the bar being getting paid, driving around to gigs in a Plymouth Fury.

13. Wayne Gretzky scores!

14. Why I bring my guitar to open mics

15.  Playing music with a friend during the pandemic--how music as "work" ended music for me. 

16.  How work ruins writing. 

17. MFAs should wake you up at 5 AM to write and have classes in avoiding your family. Feeding your kids in order to ditch them....but don't poison them. 

18. If you quit smoking you have time to write. 

19. Ben tells a wonderful Spielberg story that totally contradicts everything we've said so far. 

20. Retirement count for me, down to the second, as of March 14

21. Referrencing other podcasts during this one. 

22. Excercise and eat right otherwise it's the O.R.!

23. Recording glitch---and right into next three books? Poetry books are not planned. 

24. My actual fear of losing my mind. Being done. Finality. 

25. My kids know when to kill me.

26.  My actual end of life wishes are in a flash fiction piece in The Best of Timothy Gager. 

27. I have horrified Ben Tanzer talking about actual cremation. 

28. ...then I made him more sorry to hear more

29.  More talk about death, dying, bucket lists, and forgetting things

30. More about the Best of Timothy Gager

31. Writing while drunk.

32. Cancel Culture---please, don't tell Fox News


No comments: