Wednesday, December 28, 2022

New poem, "Shared Bathroom at the Oceanic Hotel," appears like a ghost today in Oddball Magazine

     The first thing you may think of based on the title, probably involves all of your senses, but this poem, written in September 2021, used the sense of sight. IT is about the largest spider I'd ever seen, in a huge web over an industrial style bathroom sink. The Hotel itself, a marvel, with limited amenities (shared bathrooms, limits on showers) opened in 1873, often documented as haunted, just seems to capture people in its large web, and hold them there. The poem itself indicates change, and growth. 

     Many also believe spiders are reincarnated from people you love. Others, think birds. People that I love get reincarnated in my dreams---I'd rather not think about every spider, or bird that I see. 


photo credit, Charles Timothy Gager, Sep. 2021




No comments: