Tuesday, June 2, 2020

Being of Service for others in recovery in the Age of Corona


   
I have an essay out in WorkIt Health about providing service in recovery to others and what it's like now versus the way it was a few month ago. It also uses "Age of Corona" in the title, plus, according to the page, it's been 'fact checked' and 'peer reviewed'. It's been awhile since I've broken my "anonymity," but it's my own to break, and I've had some great experiences with people/friends approaching me because of it, when they've needed help themselves.


Being of service isn't as large a task as one might think it is, but service is a needed third of the triangle used by my own program of recovery. Sometimes, service is just showing up to a zoom meeting, so that others know it's possible.


















   
Today's essay was for the organization, WorkIt Health. Check them out, as they offer expert addiction care to individuals, employers and health care organizations, and it's just a phone call away. If your life is unmanageable, their service can certainly help you

    

1 comment: