Wednesday, May 1, 2019

New movie interest for my novel? Let's preview this information.



According to a blog, here's how often you should blog (they have a blog and they consider all of these things.) Wow. Circular. Head explosion.

Here are six things to consider that are more important than how often to publish a blog post.
  • Start with a Plan. Too often we see people start without a plan. ...
  • Define Your Audience. ...
  • Get in Their Heads. ...
  • Focus on Quality, not Quantity. ...
  • Aim to Publish Three Times a Week. ...
  • Share Your Amazing Content.






So here I sit---nothing since March 11. No news. Nothing published. No agent for Joe The Salmander. I have some readings coming up, but I always have those. 

So lets start with the REAL NEWS, because what people might be thinking is FAKE NEWS. There is The Thursday Appointments of Bill Sloan into a feature film. For a quick review of everything having to do with this book search for 'Sloan' in the search box, top left, or just use THIS LINK.
new interest in making my novel








People are really excited about this news and are thinking this:






Which is great. It's good to think big, as most non-writers think book readings are like this (I'm not being critical of anyone, just so you know):






In terms of progress here's an example of how it stands in total progress. When you download something and you get the window of percentage of the progress of the completed download...I'm right here. I've just decided to hit the button


So what does this mean?

Well?
1. This will need many steps to get from here to a screen. They involve, money, creativeness, and pure luck.

2. Not one word of a screenplay is down on paper, but there is an experienced screenwriter ready to work with me. Meetings and ideas are happening soon. I can't and won't reveal any names, at this moment.

3. No contracts have been signed but the interested production company is interested. Again, I can't and won't reveal any names. The good news here is that it's a small indie film company, which has produced and released actual movies. If made, this will not be a Hollywood movie and may not get screened (another challenging step) unless a lot of noise about it happens, such as huge word of mouth, and interest from other important entities such as top mention at film festivals (two more extremely challenging steps-getting in, getting attention-winning- Yes, check the videos above----this is winning the lottery)

So what are my expectations? I've always wanted to see Bill Sloan on screen even if it's from a film-making class in Middle School. I just think it's exciting. Obviously this is a low bar, but it's not about becoming famous---it's about creatively looking at something which started in the mind, then ended up on paper, then ended up on a bookshelf , and finally, perhaps, being something shared visually.

I can say that in my life I've been extremely lucky and things have actually happened. I've been in popular bands, written fourteen books---who gets to say that? It's not a stretch to say that this could, and may happen just because I am pushing for it. Let's see how it all plays out.




No comments: