Friday, December 7, 2018

Best Books I read in 2018


Hosting the Dire Literary Series and having my own readings puts me in touch with other great writers with great books. Time constraints didn't allow much other outside reading but year I'll have time to actually shop, pick and choose!

Anna Ross 
Figuring

TG-Moving poetry at the micro and macro level









Laura Van Den Berg 
The Third Hotel

 TG-A loss and grief paranormal mystery (would make a great screen series)








Mark Saba
Ghost Tracks 

TG-Short fiction not about paranormal ghosts but the ghosts of a city (Pittsburgh)






 
 Joan Wilking
Mycology

TG-If a tree falls in a forest what happens? Life, death, humor and sadness.







 
 Erica Garza 
Getting Off

 TG-An honest, vulnerable memoir about sex addiction. 








Amy Dresner  
My Fair Junkie

 TG-Funny, gritty, honest. I loved this one.









 

J. D. Scrimgeour
 Themes for English B: A Professor's Education In and Out of Class


 TG-Memoir essays which I bought for it's signature essay about basketball, but remaining essays are just as good.





 
  David Atkinson 

Roses Are Red, Violets Are Stealing Loose Change from My Pockets While I Sleep
 TG-Flash fiction which covered surreal, real and otherwise






 
 Rusty Barnes 
On Broad Sound

TG-Poetry, Revere, Massachusetts themed. The man amazes me with his talent. 

No comments: