Tuesday, September 16, 2014

We interrupt our regularly scheduled post about my novel to announce . "You Buy Too Much Kale" selected by Flash Frontier

I'm in Flash Frontier (second story from top after you hit the link) with a  these folks  Louise
MillerKyle HemmingsHowie Good, Jane Swan, Matthew Robinson, James Claffey, Eileen Merriman, Sonja Moor, Nod Ghosh, Peter Adams, Hobie Anthony, Patrick Pink, Jodie van der Wetering, Steve Charters, Doug Dautel, Elizabeth Morton, Lulu A. Tika, Annette Edwards, Elysia Rose Jenson, Mark Crimmins, Martin Porter, Emma Shi, Stephen V Ramey, Heather  McQuillen, and Chella Courington.

The theme was falling and the guest editor was Christopher Allen. The choices were  selected blind, but Christopher used to edit Metazen, and they published me no less than five times. This is a telling fact for Mr. Allen, as it shows an editor knows what he likes, is consistent and is not just picking names he knows.  Seeing the names of some of the other contributors it tells me that Mr. Allen and Michelle Elvy even when reading blind submissions, still managed to pick a well versed group. Well done!

As for the story itself, what I was getting at in  You Buy Too Much Kale was that good people often will leave good people that have problems. I hear about it all the time. I've also found that it's never too late, there is hope. Always remember that every person's journey is different and if you are willing, your life can be changed forever. 

I'ts 24-7
D R Jones, The Descent of a Decent Man

No comments: