Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Certainly not dead....three poems at Dead Mule School of Southern Literature

I'm pleased to find three poems of mine today in the Dead Mule School of Southern Literature.

Dead Mule School of Southern Literature has been around for fifteen years. It started in 1996 and if you observe the comings and goings of literary journals, both in print and on-line, you'll know that they are one of the longest running shows out there. In Dead Mule, each poet and writer writes a southern legacy statement which I fine much more interesting than writing a bio and in some cases more interesting than the actual work. I hope this was not the case for me, as I anticipated this and made my legacy statement very thin in content.

In their 15th Anniversary Issue, Dead Mule features three of my poems: often they fall from the sky, Exposed and Salmon Fishing in Alaska. The first one is about the angels on this earth. The second is about having feelings and emotions, that leave your inner-most self exposed and the last is a really old poem that has finally seen the light of day which I will dedicate to my friends that fished one summer from the University of Delaware.

2 comments:

Sissy said...

Great poems, I enjoyed reading them...thanks for sharing!

ctgager37 said...

Thanks for reading. I really appreciate it!