Monday, November 14, 2011

"Home Invasion" is fifth piece of mine in November to invade your home.

The journal, Fried Chicken and Coffee is not named after Red Sox pitchers Lester, Lackey and Beckett's locker room habits. Just to be clear,  is named after a song by the band Nashville Pussy. and it does my heart good to mention that.

My story, "Home Invasion", which appears in Fried Chicken and Coffee, is a  bit of a leap for me in subject matter, but I blame this on my writing group and a series of writing prompts from "news stories". Siegfried and Roy were in the news that day, as was Dwight Gooden, but when you read this they're not exactly in the story. Instead, it involves a squatter, a mountain lion, a small dog and a woman, who is the dog's owner--so, check it out! (My animal, pie, and sports obsession manage to find their way into this piece.)



No comments: