Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Two published flash stories, Night Train and Suss: Another Literary Journal


A Little Slice Of is a story I'm proud of and Rusty Barnes who published it in Night Train e-mailed me the following:

"That piece you gave me to post is one of the best short-shorts I've ever read."

Well,  he's read a lot of great work so it's very generous praise, but my jaw certainly dropped.




Perhaps, the female protagonist, pictured to the left..



Then in Suss: Another Literary Journal, "Somewhere on the Edge", appeared. This was a flash that revolved around a woman, drug and alcohol rehab and a monkey named Pluto. (No the monkey wasn't in rehab)


The last line "I didn't want to leave."  had four meanings with her not wanting to leave  1) the rehab, 2) him 3) the restaurant 4) her relationship with drinking.

No comments: